Mira Road is a town in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region. It is in Thane, which is a part of the city. A group of cities in the north of Mumbai called the Mira-Bhayandar Municipal Corporation manages the area and is in charge of it (MBMC). It has a train station on the Western Line of the Mumbai Suburban Railway.
9 little known facts about this location:
1. On June 12, 1985, the Mira Bhayandar Municipal Council was formed by combining five Gram Panchayats, including the Mira Gram Panchayat, which gave rise to the name Mira Road.
2. The council was expanded by 1990, and the first election was conducted, with Gilbert Mendonsa becoming the first president of the Mira Bhayandar Municipal Council.
3. There is a station on Mira Road that was most likely constructed in the 1960s. It was formerly known as Miragaon Road Station before being renamed Mira Road Station.
4. Most prominent areas of Mira road include Poonam Garden, Shanti Nagar, Naya Nagar, Queens Park, Lodha Complex, Evershine Enclave, Shrishti, Shanti Garden, Shanti Park, Silver Park, Kanungo Estate, Geeta Nagar, Geeta Arcade, Pleasant Park, Kanakia, S K Stone, Hatkesh, Khaugalli, Seven Square High School, townie, Ramdev Park, Golden Nest, Indralok.
5. Kunal Khemu (A Bollywood actor) began his career as a child artist in the 1990s and made his adult debut in 2005 with Kalyug. He attended Mira Road’s Niranjanlal Dalmia High School.
6 There are many popular hospitals in Miraroad such as Thunga Hospital, Bhaktivedanta Hospital, Seven-Eleven Hospital, Sanjeevani Hospital, Life Care Hospital, Deepak Hospital, etc
7. Increasing property values in Mumbai have played an important role in the growth of the Mira-Bhayandar neighborhood. Rising property values in Mumbai’s suburbs like Virar, Vasai, and Nalasopara prompted many middle-class families to relocate there starting in 1975..
8. Harshaali Malhotra, performed the part of Shahida, commonly known as ‘Munni’, in a movie called ‘Bajarangi Bhaijaan.’ She is presently living at Mira road and attending Seven Square school, Mira road.
9. The following historic poster may be seen at the ticket counter of MiraRoad station, and it highlights the characteristics of Mira Road as follows: This neighborhood was formerly known for its salt pans, but it has since transformed into a significant residential center in the suburbs.